HofArc is committed to improving the quality of our local community and our world. We believe that each one of us can make a dramatic positive effect on the health and prosperity of the earth when we commit focused time and resources. The two areas we’ve chosen to support are the environment and youth.
SAFE & CLEAN TRANSPORTATION
HofArc promotes bicycling for clean and safe transportation, as well as the healthful benefits and recreation it offers. That’s why we offer complementary beach cruiser bicycles with every Airstream we offer at the Santa Barbara Auto Camp. We also fully embrace the Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition’s goals of:
- Influencing public policy at all levels of government,
- Supporting youth bicycling programs,
- Giving away free bike safety lights to local cyclists of all ages at Iluminando La Noche (Light Up the Night), and
- Increasing awareness in the Latino community about Bici Centro’s bike shop, education, and advocacy.
We support expanding young people’s career and personal potential by supporting three effective Santa Barbara-based non-profits.
We personally support these causes with our time as:
- mock-interview coaches,
- career counselors and speakers, and
- on-the-job paid and unpaid internships.
We also believe in giving back a significant portion of the resources that we’ve have been given — which is why at least 10% of the proceeds from every Airstream renovation is donated to non-profit and charitable organizations. We invite you to click on their logos, to learn and to join us in supporting the our future together!
These organizations have proven themselves to be worthy stewards of our support:
Paid job training and student internships through the
Santa Barbara County Education Office
Preventing youngpeople from incurring brain damage or possible addiction caused by adolescent alcohol, tobacco, or drug use.
Check out these cool new videos from our friends at SafeLaunch:
1. 2-minute SafeLaunch commercial that is airing on local Santa Barbara Cox 8 TV.
2. A video about the latest SafeLaunch contest that encourages students in the media arts.
3. A video about Santa Barbara Teen News Network (sbTNN).